Aligning Shapes to the Terrain
Shape alignment is a tool to align shapes to arbitrary terrains (map layers with attribute "elevation" defined) or to the y=0 level. All currently selected shapes and all shapes of the selected layers are aligned. The shapes are aligned to a terrain, using an alignment function and an optional offset.
The following parameters control the alignment:
- Align function: The alignment function to apply to the vertices of the shape polygons.
- Project All: Projects all shape vertices onto the terrain.
- Project Below: Projects the vertices located below the terrain only.
- Project to Object Average: Projects the shape vertices to the average of the vertices.
- Translate to Average: Translates the shape to the average elevation of the projected vertices.
- Translate to Maximum: Translates the shape to the maximum elevation of the projected vertices.
- Translate to Minimum: Translates the shape to the minimal elevation of the projected shape vertices on the terrain.
- Terrain: The terrain to align the shapes. All attribute layers with an "elevation" attribute plus the y=0 level are listed here.
- Offset: The offset to add after alignment to the y-coordinate of the shape points.
Copyright ©2008-2017 Esri R&D Center Zurich. All rights reserved.