What is a Map Layer
Map Layers have two main functions:
- Adding a map object to the scene using image data
- Creating mappings of image data to various attributes
Map Layer Types
- Terrain: The terrain layer creates a heightmap mesh as an elevation base for your scene, both for visual appearance and to align objects.
- Texture: The texture layer is used to simply create a flat background map in your scene.
- Obstacle: With an obstaclemap you control the areas where the street grow algorithms will work. An obstaclemap as any other attribute layer that evaluates to a Boolean (true/false) value can also be used for selection of a range of objects.
- Mapping: An arbitrary combination of image map channels and mathematical functions. Typical usages of a mapping layer are rule attributes such as building height or land use mixes.
- Function: An arbitrary mathematical function that can be used for controlling a rule attribute.
Copyright ©2008-2017 Esri R&D Center Zurich. All rights reserved.