Quick Start: Model Export
CityEngine can export graphs (street networks), shapes (such as lots or street shapes), and models (such as buildings). This page describes a step-by-step workflow for how to export the models (i.e. building- and street-geometry) into the Wavefront OBJ format.
CityEngine can export to a number of other formats. Here is an
overview (see the manual
Exporting Models to Wavefront OBJ Format
- Open a scene (e.g. one of the tutorial scenes) and select some
shapes in the Shape Layers or by Right-Left-Drag-LMB.
The highlighted parts in the following screenshot show that we have
selected two shapes with the same rule file and the same start rule.
For the left shape, we have already generated a model.
- Open the batch export wizard with
and hit .
. You will be presented with the first of three wizard
pages for the batch export of models. Select the entry
- The second page lets you choose the file format. Select
- The third page lets you choose amongst a variety of
format-specific options. The most important ones are the export
location and the file base name (highlighted). Please refer to the Export
Option Reference for a description of the individual options.
- Hit to start the batch export.
- The obj file, textures and an export log are written to the target location, in this case C:\Users\user_name\Documents\models\building.obj.
Copyright ©2008-2016 Esri R&D Center Zurich. All rights reserved.