Static Shape Texturing
This tool is used for the manual texturing of shapes and individual faces. For the exact texture mapping, several modes are available. You can open the tool by drag and dropping an image file from the file navigator onto shapes, by selectingor by starting the tool from the tool bar.
Once opened, the tool dialog stays in front of other CityEngine GUI elements, for convenient working.
The image the user wants to use as a texture, may be chosen as follows:
- Select the button and browse to the file within the project. The upcoming dialog also shows (at the bottom) a list of images which are already used in the current selection.
- Select or drag-and-drop in an image file from the File Navigator.
Select an orientation for the following parameters, either global or local.
Correct the image orientation by the following three options in 'Image Transformation' group:
- Rotation: None | 90º counter clock wise | 180º | 90º clock wise
- Flip horizontally
- Flip vertically
There are four modes with according attributes for the texture coordinate mapping, which are specified in the 'Texture Coordinates Mapping' group:
Keep current mappingLeaves the currently set mapping (no attributes).
Stretch to polygonThis mode is used for stretching the texture across the selected face. Note that if entire shapes are selected, the texture is stretched across all present coplanar face groups.
- Align to: Bottom left corner | Bottom right corner | Top left corner | Top right corner (has only an effect if one of the repetition numbers is not a whole number).
- Horizontal repetitions: number of times the texture is repeated horizontally (decimal number allowed).
- Vertical repetitions: number of times the texture is repeated horizontally (decimal number allowed).
DimensionThis mode allows the user to set the actual dimension of the used texture.
- Align to: Bottom left corner | Bottom right corner | Top left corner | Top right corner
- Absolute texture width: given in meters.
- Snap horizontally to bounds: stretches the given texture's width such that it horizontally fits the selected face with a whole number of repetitions.
- Absolute texture height: given in meters.
- Snap vertically to bounds: stretches the given texture's height such that it vertically fits the selected face with a whole number of repetitions.
ProjectionThis mode is used for the texturing with an aerial image and is always projected from the top. If the image is georeferenced, it is positioned and stretched accordingly.
Scene Selection IssuesThe Texturing Tool acts a little differently depending on the scene selection (colored blue):
- Single or multiple face selection: The texture is individually applied to each selected face.
- Single or multiple shape selection: The texture is individually applied to each group of coplanar faces within the selection.
Copyright ©2008-2016 Esri R&D Center Zurich. All rights reserved.