Crop Image Tool
The Crop Image Tool provides an intuitive and effective means for the preparation of facade textures from ground based facade images - perspective correction and region selection are done in one step. Starting with a provided facade bounds guess the facade or an element of interest is selected, adjusted visually in a self-explaining way while watching the result in real time. It is opened by selectingfrom the main menu or from the context menu on an image file in the File Navigator.
InterfaceThe Crop Image Tool is divided into left and right:
- On the left the source image is loaded with the button. The viewport displays the original image with the perspective frame on top. That frame may be adjusted in order to crop the facade or element of choice.
- The right viewport shows the perspectively corrected frame selection from the left. When adjusted readily, the output image is stored with
Perspective frame manipulation
- Corners: Drag the corners directly into position.
- Corner handles: Adjust the horizontal or the vertical side line of a corner while keeping the other side line as is.
- Side line: Move that side line perspectively in parallel.
Zoom and PanIn both viewports:
- Zoom: Mouse wheel.
- Pan: Move mouse while pressing middle mouse button and ALT.
Copyright ©2008-2016 Esri R&D Center Zurich. All rights reserved.