The setNormals() operation sets the normals of the current shapes' geometry to the desired mode.
- normalsMode (selstr)
- hard: use the face normals. This is equivalent to softenNormals(0).
- conform: same as hard. Computes consistent normals using the connectivity and a heuristic that favors the world's up direction.
- soft: for each vertex, use the average of the adjacent face normals. This is equivalent to softenNormals(180).
- auto: same as soft. Edges where face normals meet at an angle greater than or equal to 30 degrees are shaded as hard edges. This is equivalent to softenNormals(30).
The soft and auto modes require disconnected shapes to be combined and duplicate vertices to be merged in order to compute vertex normals using adjacent face normals.
The conform mode is not successful is every case.If the conform mode is not successful consider the following options:
- Combine disconnected shapes belonging to a single building.
- Merged vertices and remove duplicate faces using cleanupGeometry(faces, 0.1) operation.
- In case of discontinous textures not all duplicate faces are removed. Consider deleteUV operation.
- softenNormals operation
- cleanupGeometry operation
- convexify operation
- innerRectangle operation
- mirror operation
- reduceGeometry operation
- reverseNormals operation
- trim operation
Copyright ©2008-2016 Esri R&D Center Zurich. All rights reserved.